Georg F. Bauer, MD DrPH, studied medicine at the Universities of Innsbruck, Frankfurt and Tübingen. Between 1993 and 1998 he worked at the CDC Prevention Research Centre and received a Master and Doctor of Public Health at the School of Public Health, Berkeley (SNF fellowship). 2001–2006 he managed a division for health promotion research at the Institute of Social and Preventive Medicine in Zurich. Between 2006 and 2013 he had a joint appointment with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) and the University of Zurich, heading a joint research division, a PhD program and a MAS in the area of work and health. Since 2013 he directs the Division Public and Organizational Health at the EBPI at University of Zurich. He focuses on positive, salutogenic health development at work and in organizations.
- Evaluation of improving working conditions and health in companies based on the corporate health index (CH-Index)
- Global working group of salutogenesis
- Retention at Work of MS patients
- Transnational study of individual and national coping resources and their relationships with mental health and anxiety during the Corona crisis
- Spin Off: Corporate Health Solutions
- Work and Health in Times of COVID-19
- Work related sense of coherence Work-SoC