Our five main objectives are:
- Identifying emerging new VOCs through genomic surveillance in different cohorts;
- Deciphering the risk and protective factors to infection in different risk, gender and age groups;
- Evaluating the impact of VOCs on the effectiveness of vaccines induced humoral and cellular responses in various populations and regions in the EU and South Africa;
- Identifying immune correlates of protection against VOC through the development of algorithms predicting the impact of emerging VOC on the efficacy of vaccines; and
- Informing the future vaccination strategy and design of next generation of vaccines.
For more information please see the project page: https://covicis.eu/