The Biostatistics Department at the Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Prevention Institute at the University of Zurich focuses on the development and application of statistical methods in all areas of basic, clinical and epidemiological research. Our expertise is documented by numerous publications in international statistical and medical journals.
Our Department is the major contributor to the UZH Master Program in Biostatistics. Another focus is on methods expertise and consulting for the Faculty of Medicine. These services range from consultations on statistical data analysis to collaborative research. In addition, we teach medical students and researchers biostatistical methodology through continuing education opportunities.
Our research focuses primarily on:
- Statistical Methods in the Epidemiology of Chronic and Infectious Diseases
- Statistical Methods in Clinical Research
- Spatiotemporal Modelling of Rates and Events
- Development and Evaluation of Probabilistic Predictions
- Bayesian Biostatistics
- Computational Tools for Reproducible Research