After working in clinical infectious diseases for four years and completing her Master degrees (Public Health 2008, Epidemiology 2011, both from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine), Silja joined EBPI in October 2011. She has been involved in the design, conduct and statistical analysis of observational studies and randomized controlled trials, writing funding proposals, as well as in performing systematic literature reviews. Her research interests include the epidemiology of infectious diseases, vaccinology, immunocompromised travelers as well as international public health.
- Immunogenicity and safety of live vaccines under immunosuppression
- Immunogenicity and safety of vaccines in patients with rheumatological disease
- Stop Measles in Switzerland – The Importance of Travel Medicine
- TOURIST – Tracking Of Urgent Risks in Swiss Travelers
- Varicella seroprevalence in individuals with a negative or unknown varicella history – results from a large Travel Clinic in Switzerland between 2008 and 2015