Anja Frei, PD Dr.
Scientific Staff / Project Manager
Phone: +41 44 63 44360
Anja Frei works as a senior researcher at the Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Prevention Institute (EBPI) of the University of Zurich. She graduated and completed a PhD in Psychology with a specialization in social and health psychology at the University of Zurich and a MSc in Epidemiology at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. She has broad methodological and practical experience in developing, conducting, and implementing research projects and interventions in the field of health behavior change, physical activity, measurement methods, chronic disease epidemiology (especially COPD), and older age. She is the Director of the WHO Collaborating Centre Physical Activity and Health at the EBPI, executive member of the HEPA Europe Steering Committee network and MC member representing Switzerland in the COST action “Determinants of Physical Activities in Settings”.
Ongoing Projects & Outputs
- Accompanying scientific study to the implementation of the “Living well with COPD” program (SELFIS-2)
- ESTxENDS: Efficacy, safety and toxicology of electronic nicotine delivery system as an aid for smoking cessati
Closed Projects & Outputs
- An implementation evaluation of a home-based exercise intervention for COPD patients
- EPHEPA European Collaborative Partnership on Sport and HEPA
- Evaluation of the implementation of ZÄMEGOLAUFE in Uster and Horgen
- HOMEX: Home-based exercise training for COPD patients
- PAPRICA (Physical Activity Promotion in Primary Care)
- STAND-UP Study