As pediatrician and sports medicine physician my research focuses on the field of physical activity and health, especially in children. We look at the interaction of physical activity and relevant health parameters such cardiovascular risk, body composition, bone health, quality of life. We also run exercise trial in healthy children and those with chronic health conditions, such as premature children, cystic fibrosis or cancer survivors. For this reason, one field of my interest is the development and predictive testing of optimal measurement tools for individuals at different ages. Our group closely works with the team of Milo Puhan.
- ACTIVATE-CF: Effects of a 6-months partially supervised conditioning
program in cystic fibrosis: an international multi-centre, randomized controlled trial.
- Characterization of prevalence, type, treatment, burden of disease and predictors of respiratory symptoms in very prematurely born children in the Zurich area (FLiP)
- Seroprevalence of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies and development of immunity in a public school population – a population-based observational study to inform policy making (CIAO CORONA)
- SPLASHY - Swiss Preschooler‘s Health Study
- SURFit: Effects of a 1-year partially supervised exercise
programme in childhood cancer survivors – a randomized controlled trial