In October 2019, I started working as a PhD student in the group of Prof. Leonhard Held. Previously, I obtained a Master's degree in Biostatistics from the University of Zurich.
My research interests are still developing, but broadly speaking encompass the foundations and applications of Bayesian statistics. Currently, my PhD research focuses on studying statistical methods for the analysis and design of replication studies.
Publications and Preprints
- Held, L., Matthews, R., Ott, M., & Pawel, S. (2021). Reverse-Bayes methods: a review of recent technical advances. https://arxiv.org/abs/2102.13443
- Held, L., Pawel, S., & Schwab S. (2020). Replication power and regression to the mean. Significance, 17(6), 10-11. https://doi.org/10.1111/1740-9713.01462
- Held, L., & Pawel, S. (2020). Comment on "The Role of p-Values in Judging the Strength of Evidence and Realistic Replication Expectations". Statistics in Biopharmaceutical Research, 1-3. https://doi.org/10.1080/19466315.2020.1828161
- Held, L., Micheloud, C. & Pawel, S. (2020). The assessment of replication success based on relative effect size. https://arxiv.org/abs/2009.07782
- Pawel, S., & Held, L. (2020). The sceptical Bayes factor for the assessment of replication success. https://arxiv.org/abs/2009.01520
- Pawel, S., & Held, L. (2020). Probabilistic forecasting of replication studies. PLOS ONE, 15(4), e0231416. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0231416
- Lenggenhager, D., Pawel, S., Honcharova-Biletska, H., Evert, K., Wenzel, J. J., Montani, M., Furrer, E., Fraga, M., Moradpour, D., Sempoux, C., & Weber, A. (2020). The histologic presentation of hepatitis E reflects patients' immune status and pre-existing liver condition. Modern Pathology. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41379-020-0593-1
- Debelak, R., Pawel, S., Strobl, C., & Merkle, E. C. (2020). Score-Based Measurement Invariance Checks for Bayesian Maximum-a-Posteriori Estimates in Item Response Theory. Preprint: https://doi.org/10.31234/osf.io/24a9g