I joined the Biostatistics unit at EBPI as a PhD student under the supervision of
Prof. Leonhard Held in May 2016. Before coming to Zurich I completed bachelor's degrees in Statistics and Sociology as well as a master's degree in Statistics at
Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich. I gained practical experience in student assistantships and internships with the Institute of Sociology at LMU, the Institute of Epidemiology I at Helmholtz Zentrum Munich and the World Health Organization in Geneva.
Publicatiions and Reprints
See also my ORCID Profile.
- Bracher J (2019). On the multibin logarithmic score used in the FluSight competitions, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, in press.
- Bracher J. (2019). A new Poisson INARMA model with Poisson marginals. In: Steland, A., Rafajlowicz, E., Okhrin, O. (Eds.): Stochastic Models, Statistics and Their Applications. Springer. To appear.
- Bracher J. and Held L. (2019). Endemic-epidemic models with discrete-time serial interval distributions for infectious disease prediction. Preprint available here.
- Bracher J (2019). Comment on “Under‐reported data analysis with INAR‐hidden Markov chains”, Statistics in Medicine 38(5), 893-898. Preprint available here.
- Held L and Bracher J (2019). Invited discussion on Osthus et al, 2019, Bayesian Analysis 14(1), 296–300.
- Held L, Meyer S and Bracher J (2017). Probabilistic forecasting in infectious disease epidemiology: the 13th Armitage lecture, Statistics in Medicine 36(22), 3443-3460. Preprint available here.
- Keuschnigg M, Bader F and Bracher J (2016). Using crowdsourced online experiments to study context-dependency of behavior, Social Science Research 59, 68-82. Preprint available here.
- Fuertes E, Bracher J, Flexeder C, Markevych I, Klümper C, Hoffmann B, Krämer U, von Berg A, Bauer C-P, Koletzko S, Berdel D, Heinrich J, Schulz H (2016). Long-term air pollution exposure and lung function in 15 year-old adolescents living in an urban and rural area in Germany: The GINIplus and LISAplus cohorts, International Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health 218(7), 656-665. Preprint available here.
Check out the Zurich R User Meetup which I am co-organizing.